In 1938 the Wilson Creek oil field was developed. Following the move of families of Texas Oil Company employees, the need of a school was soon recognized. The Wilson Creek School was established in 1944. Mrs. Holland, County Superintendent of Schools, suggested the purchase of a small log building which was used as a school and teacherage until 1950. At that time another school was built with electricity, hot and cold running water, gas heat, all furnished by the oil company. In the school year 1953-54 the upper grades were bussed to Meeker. In 1963 the school was closed and all students were transported to Meeker schools. The building at that time was auctioned.
Photo 2013: Location of Wilson Creek Rural School