Initially school was held in a homesteader’s cabin.  The summer of 1915 logs from Saw Mill Mountain were seen going through town and up Strawberry Creek for a new school which became known as White Rock School.  The school was named for the numerous white rocks in the vicinity.  Water was piped from a spring to the school, at that time, a real luxury.  The school closed in 1951, and children were transported to the Meeker Schools.  As of 2013, the school still remains on that location.

White Rock

Photo 2013