Records indicate the first Upper Rangely School was held in the 1899-1900 school year. There were new homesteading families each with several children in the surrounding Taylor Draw area. By 1910 the population had outgrown the old log building that was also in poor condition and only had a dirt floor. The new larger building served for over 20 years with some occasional closures in years of slim enrollment. Final session was held in the 1931-32 school year. Although it was considered as a possible replacement for the Angora School which burned in 1940, this did not happen and the building was later sold.