RBCHS has several ongoing projects for capital improvements for the museum, heritage center, historic sites or to enhance historic education. Currently, our main projects include:
OLD WEST HERITAGE CULTURE CENTER
Old West Heritage Culture Center (article); $151,000 Building acquisition Received
Phase 1/Interior Renovate the main meeting room, currently 1970’s style into a rustic, functioning theatre setting with high quality home theatre system, sound and acoustics.
- $2,400 UTA Architectural Consulting – Received (Fairfield Trust)
- Phase one in Construction: $10,000 Main room and Lobby renovation of removing popcorn ceiling, dated fixtures, old carpet and wall paneling to bring in Old West designed light fixtures, newly textured and painted ceiling, new wall coverings of weathered cedar wood and newly painted walls in lobby with new trim throughout. The zoned stage/theater screen area painted black. Wall modification to open up to snack bar area that will be an old saloon design. (Completed April 1, 2017)
$10,000 Received from Fairfield Trust Committee Grant (April 2016)
- Phase two Main Room/Lobby Construction: $10,000 new flooring
- Phase three construction Main Room/Lobby Construction: $5,600 electrical preparation and lighting for theater system.
- $28,000 Install high quality theatre system with sound and acoustics $5000 Received COGrand, $4000 White River Electric Association, Potential $2000 from Meeker Cowboy Poet Gathering
- $16,000 Equip with movable theatre chairs to keep the room multi-functional and furnish lobby with props and décor matching an “old west” theatre.
- $80,000 exterior – replace old siding with log and wood finishes to give building a look to match the museum complex.
- 1st year operation expenses $2500 donated by WREA. This covered start up expenses and getting utilities hooked up, plus first year utility bills and operation expenses, etc.
- 2nd year $2,000 budget funding through RBC annually for utilities and operations.
- Staffing is all volunteer.
WHITE RIVER MUSEUM
- Lighting and Exhibit Museum Project – Room 6 to replace old outdated florescent lighting with new LED and Solar Lighting – $37,200.00.
- Raised $8000 Total ($5000 El Pomar Grant + $3000 WREA to complete solatube lighting.)
- Balance: $29,200
- Lighting and Exhibit Museum Project – Room 7 – $20,000.00.
- Balance: $20,000.
- Milk Creek Battlefield Park –
- Gazebo $25,000 Received
- Interpretive Kiosks $10,000 Received
Received: $8900 Donations; $9000 Fairfield Trust Committee Grant
- Sponsor Advertising Ads (The amount on this is varied. Our annual advertising budget is $600 of which we try to put ads in the Hunting Guides, the Chamber of Commerce Meeker Booklet and the major event issues of the Rio Blanco Herald Times.) Other ongoing advertising markets are:
- Colorado Tourism Website – $600 annual
- Colorado Vacation Guide – $300 for placement ad
- True West Magazine – $875 for 1/4 page ad
Any monetary or in-kind support is appreciated as well!
You can safely donate here via PayPal!
If you would like to give toward any of the projects listed above, add the name of the project to the “message” when donating. Otherwise, your generous donation will be received into the general fund for operations and historical education.