The White River Review, May 23, 1912, quoted the people on the Government Road, “there is only one neighborhood out here and it is Valley View,” The people called the school Valley View. Later the school was renamed for an oil well and became know as the Petrolite School. The building was completed by the proud community and ready for students in September 1910.
In 1947, the children were bused to the Meeker schools. The building was used for meetings, socials and other things for many years after the school bell stopped ringing. At some point, the building was dismantled but the foundation still remains.