School for the Miller Creek District was first held in Grandpa (George B.) Warren’s old cabin. The new log schoolhouse was under construction and ready in May 1899 for a 3 month summer term. In 1912 a 16 foot addition, a little white entry way, was added onto the school. Students often remember playing in a spot they called the Squaw’s Nest associated with the Ute culture. The schoolhouse continued to serve for community gatherings after its last use as a classroom in 1950. Finally in the late 1980’s, the building was dismantled and the bell moved to a nearby ranch.
admin2013-11-17T11:22:00+00:00November 17th, 2013|