The Josephine School was named after Josephine Meeker, daughter of Nathan C. Meeker. To help the Josephine School get underway, the Petrolite community sponsored box socials and other fund raising events. In September of 1915, Clarence C. Ford built the log structure which was ready for students by November. The last record found of school being held there was reported in April, 1925 White River Review newspaper. However, the building was still used for socials as late as 1931. We have no information on the building after this time.