The first school opened in the fall of 1915 in the home on the J.F. Wilson homestead. That same year a log building was constructed. The community celebrated its completion New Year’s Eve. The end of January a fire totally destroyed the new building. However, by spring another school was constructed and served the community until 1929. At that time the enrollment dropped and students attended the Meeker schools. The horse shed is all that remains, as of 2013.
Flag Creek Rural School
admin2013-11-21T10:45:24+00:00November 21st, 2013|