The first Elk Creek School opened in 1915 when the families in the upper part of the Miller Creek district wanted their own school. In 1921 the Elk Creek community built a new sturdy 18×26 foot structure. It served as a school for 27 years and closed in 1948 for lack of pupils. In 1958 the building was sold at auction and is the only rural school on the original location to remain as a private residence.

UpTheWhiteRiverTOUR

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Point B on the map) – Elk Creek