The White River National Forest turned 50 in 1941. A copy of a booklet commemorating that auspicious event was shared with the RBCHS by Joe Livingston and can be read below.
The town of White River City was begun soon after Meeker in speculation of growth in that direction and anticipation of a railway. The town didn’t last long, but the white framed schoolhouse which was built in the fall of 1888 served children of the area until 1954. It was located east of where Piceance […]