Stewart Rural School

2013-11-21T11:06:51+00:00November 21st, 2013|

According to the Record of School Districts, the Stewart School was opened in 1920. It was located north of where Stewart Gulch meets Piceance Creek. The building was built with standard framing lumber and finished with white clapboard. Early school records used the spelling “Stuart.” In 1948, the school was closed. Sometime in the early […]