In 1919 the fourth rural school was established on Lower Piceance located on the Burke Ranch. It was a one room frame building. The Burke family sent numerous children to this school. They had to carry their water from a spring a half a mile away. When the Burke School closed in 1948, Fred Burke purchased the building from the school district. The school was dismantled, moved, and the materials were used to build a bunkhouse at the Burke Ranch headquarters. It is still there as of 2013.